The LIFE program at SpiriTrust Lutheran is a comprehensive, affordable elderly care program for senior Pennsylvanians who want to stay in their own homes and communities for as long as possible.
To be eligible, a LIFE program participant must:
- Be at least 55 years old.
- Be able to live safely in the community with the services provided by LIFE.
- Live in Cumberland, Franklin or Perry county.
- Want to stay in his or her home and agree to have all services coordinated and approved through the LIFE program’s interdisciplinary team of care specialists.
- Be determined to have a medical necessity for a nursing home level of care by the Area Office of Aging. What is this?
LIFE Program Cost
Here are the three ways eligible seniors can cover the cost of LIFE program services:
- If a participant has Medicaid and Medicare, there are no co-pays or premiums.
- If a participant has Medicaid only, there is no cost to participate.
- If a participant has Medicare only, there is a monthly premium.
Medicare recipients are still responsible to pay their Medicare Part B premium unless they are eligible for coverage under Medicaid. If you have any questions, please contact us. We will verify your benefits and any responsibilities during the enrollment process. Please note that participants may be financially responsible for the cost of services not authorized by LIFE.
Call us or complete a contact form to learn more.